Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Seasonal Slaw, Featuring Chiogga Beets, Served on a Bed of Kale


Mmm... Clearly I've got an axe to grind against my self, on that whole "only posting desserts" thing... Being unable to take new pictures also seems to be doing wonders for my blog-updating. Sadly the dishes I've made today, a Ras al Hanout and Passion Fruit slaw as well as the Whole Grain Medley tossed with Tomatoes, Basil, and Mint will be lost. The fudgey brownies from a new recipe I am tooling around with are not particularly photogenic, so cheers to that?

Anyway... The camera battery charger remains unfound (!!! pain), so I will continue posting _real_ food recipes, while I cry to my self about the veganized peanut butter crispy bars unphotographed, along with the chocolate bourbon pecan pie I am making for tomorrow.

I have yet to find my "always go to" dressing recipe for slaws, but I also never buy anything to make my slaws...

Seasonal Slaw, Featuring Chiogga Beets Served on a Bed of Kale
Serves 6

Dressing
  • 1/4 c fresh lime juice
  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • 1/4 t salt (or soy sauce)
  • 1 T nut butter (optional)
Salad
  • 1 small head cabbage, shredded (red, green, combo, whatever)
  • Any combination of the following, shredded, matchsticked, thinly sliced, or finely chopped:
  • Sweet Onions or Scallions
  • Kale
  • Beets
  • Cilantro
  • Parsley
  • Carrots
  • Cucumbers
  • Squash
  • And more!

Prepare the dressing items in a bowl, mix well.
Prepare and toss together the remaining ingredients in another bowl, drizzle dressing over. Salt to taste.
It is good let it sit a few hours, or covered in the fridge over night

    No comments: