|From the right!|
Sesames are magic. Tahini is awesome. Therefore tahini sauce=magical awesome sauce that makes your mouth open to access all of the flavorful treasures in front of your FACE!
Seriously. This stuff is a super treasure for omnivores, vegans, aliens not-otherwise-allergic to sesame (even if they are, it is worth it). It is so super that at la boqueria market in Barcelona, a woman at a falafel shop screamed at me when I touched the bottle on the counter top (my friend got a falafel there, I did not).
This stuff is good. Just trust me on this. You can put it on anything: sandwiches, nachos, salads, pizzas, your finger (like really, I just keep squeezing it onto my finger and eating it off. Even when not trying to seduce someone).
It comes together quickly. The only down side is it doesn't last too too long before getting a bit of an off taste (but it is still pretty good then, too), but that shouldn't be a problem. You can also freeze half or so of it for when you're ready.
blah blah blah RECIPE!
Thick Tahini Sauce
|Now from the left!|
- 1.5 c Tahini
- 3-4 cloves garlic (more if daring)
- 1 c fresh squeezed lemon juice (5 lemons +/-)
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 c water
Toss all of ingredients, except the water, together in a blender or food processor on low until well blended. Slowly start to add the water until you reach the consistency desired. You can add a little more if you want for better bottle'ability. Lasts for about 2 weeks.
- Spicy! Toss in 2-4 T of your fave hot sauce product (chipotle chiles in adobe sauce! Sriarcha! Harissa!)
- Spicy n' Tangy! Same as above, but also add 1/4 c of pomegranate molasses (available at any middle eastern market or hippie ass coop).
- Roasted Garlic! Toss in 6-8 roasted garlic cloves and blend well.
- Roasted Red Pepper: Blend in 1/4 c roasted red peppers.
2 years ago this December I posted about Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Ninja Star cookies.