Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Squash Linguine with King Oyster Mushrooms and Dried Cherry Tomatoes



The title pretty much says it all. I decided I need to make virtually everything in Raw Food/Real World... and of course document it. Next post will be a list of what I need to make, what I have made, and a bit of commentary on it. Anyway... today was... delish. So this was the titular recipe. Included below are some of the steps. The recipe can be found in the book, it is relatively simple, though.

First, you make some linguine noodles from goldbar squash, using a peeler, mandolin, whatever your weapon of choice is. Lightly alt them and let them sit in a colander, while you prep everything else.

Toss the mushrooms with some nama shoyu, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, a bit of italian spices. Let marinade. Toss cherry tomato halves with a bit of olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Dehydrate (sorry, I don't want to give the recipe away here, get the book!).

No comments: